Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Die for Me


I let this book sit on my to-read shelf for too long! I really thought that it was going to be a repeat to other books I have read. Once I started reading it I could not put it down.  I LOVE the cover!  And to my surprise it was a completely new concept (to me at least). 

Kate and her sister move in with her Grandparents in Paris after her Mom and Dad die in a tragic car accident in the U.S. Paris is the perfect back drop for this story.  It brings a certain romantic quality to it.  But not all is good with Kate once she gets there.  She is still giving the loss of her parents.  She tries to rid her life of all things that remind her of them.  Her sister is to busy partying to notice Kate.  Her Grandparents worry about her and suggest she get out of the house.  She visits Museums and cafes to read.  This is where she meets Vincent.  She instantly feels a connection between them but is hesitant to get close to him.   

Vincent is careful so not reveal his secrets, but Kate finds out on accident. Once she does, she isn't so sure about him. He does everything he can to reassure Kate that she is safe with him and he will do anything for her.

I don't want to ruin the book for everyone, so you will just have to read it.  I am only sorry that I let it sit on my shelf for so long.  On the up side- I was able to go almost straight into the second book in the trilogy. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment